Wednesday 2 May 2012

Day 10 IVF Cycle

We popped in to BioArt for out day 10 scan, which should have been yesterday, but because of the Workers Day holiday was this morning.

BioArt was much quieter than my first experience today.  We hardly waited at all to see Dr Cassim. In and out within half an hour.

The scan showed 6 follicles on my right ovary and 7 on my left with the lead follicle (the biggest one) being 15mm in size.  I was so happy to see so many big black blobs on the screen. Its an indication we have been doing everything correctly.  The Endometrium lining measured 7.5mm.

Dr seemed happy with the progress and we just continue on the same trajectory with the same injections  until our next scan which is on Friday.

He is expecting that Egg Retireval will be on Monday, but I think it will be on Sunday, we will only know on Friday.

We are praying for between 10 and 15 eggs, so 13 follicles means we could still get 10 eggs.  (Remember the follicles dont always have eggs in them).

My body is aching, my neck is in spasm, my butt hurts from the menonace injections and my ovaries feel like they are trying to climb out of my body with twinges all the time. I am feeling emotionally and mentally frazzled, but spiritually very alive. Very hopeful that we are going to get a positive on this cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment