Thursday 5 July 2012

10 Week Ultrasound Scan

Oh my word!  What an amazing experience.

3 weeks ago the only movement that could be detected was the furiously pumping heart.  A big freaky yolk sack and Neural tube were only just visible in the blizzard of ultrasound fuzzyness.

Today Baby looked like a baby, not a bean.  He/She was moving his arms and legs and swimming around in the gestational sac filled with amniotic fluid.  To see Baby move was just an increadable moment for Hubby and I.

The picture print outs just do do the increadableness of a scan justice. Clever Hub took this video, and you can clearly see the heart beating and Baby waving hands and feet around.  No more sign of the freaky yolk sac at all.

How cool is this video?







3 comments:

  1. this is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. I'm not sure if you are going to get my comment as I see that you stopped posting. I hope and pray you had a successful pregnancy. I'd just like you to know that you are a Godsent. Let me explain why I say this. I'm 31 and have been living with stage 4 endometriosis for about 8 years now. I've had 2 laparoscopies done to remove/laser and burn the endo off. I've TTC'd with clomid both times after my laps. We eventually found Dr D at Bioart and he said anything else is a waste of time and money lets go straight to IVF. BUT i had to first remove 3 huge fibroids on the cavity of my uterus before we can start IVF. I'm currently recovering from the open abdominal myomectomy to remove the fibroids (had it 3 weeks ago). Finally we have a POA after seeing Dr D for follow up. We are doing IVF in April on my second cycle after the op.

    So I've been going nuts researching IVF and I didn't want the medical sites. I wanted a personal blow by blow from a real person. Who is preferably in SA! So hence I said finding your blog was an answer straight from God. I haven't done any work for the last 2 hours just reading your blog from the start to now. I will be referencing it for our IVF journey because this is new and overwhelming to us. Thank you so much and once again I hope you eventually had a happy ending. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your pregnancy! :)
    I know it's early days but you can join the SA Mom blogs: http://samomblogs.co.za/list-your-blog

    ReplyDelete