Wednesday 10 August 2011

Options

New Info recently in... we've had more test results that have revealed more devastating results.

We have only 3 options, they are seemingly drastic but sadly the only options available to us.

1. Assisted Reproductive Technique - ICSI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGbIL9QWSsM&feature=player_embedded
An expensive, no wait, a flippen expensive, procedure - the Rolls Royce of ART - that comes with absolutely no garuantees.  Both hubby and I will need courses of injections, over several months, prior to the treatment. We've started on this because of the concernes that Dr V has that we may be running out of time, but at the end of the courses of injections we may not proceed with the actual procedure. One step at a time.


2.  Adoption
I am keen.  It means I could have my baby in my arms in a matter or months.  Hubby has real concernes in this area that only God can change in his heart.  In itself this would be a miracle


I have momentarily lost hope. We are so sad.  I feel like we've lost something we cant get back, the ability to naturally concieve.  Did we ever have that? Did we wait too long? We're only 31!
 We are grieving.  Both of us. Its hard talking.  Its worse not talking. We feel broken.

I know I want a baby.  I also know I want to have a natural biological child, I want to know and understand what it is like to carry life within me for 9 months. I know I want to be a part of the solutiuon to the orphans in our nation. I know I could love an orphan and adopt them as my own.

I dont know if my biological baby will be first born or if my adopted baby will be.
I dont know if I will ever have a biological baby.
I dont know if I will ever adopt a baby.

I will have a baby.

3. Pray and believe for a miracle conception.

.... Reactivate hope ....

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you. These are some harsh options. I know what it is like when you and your DH differ on adoption - but for us it was the other way around.

    ReplyDelete